Master of Education FAQ

by Wook
Master of Education student
Developmental Psychology and Education

Thinking about pursuing a graduate degree? Our Master of Education programs are still open for 2015 Fall intake! Please visit here to see which programs are open for 2015 Fall admission.

Here are some frequently asked questions regarding Master of Education (M.Ed.):

1. Do I need to have a Bachelor of Education to apply? 

No, Master of Education is for students who would like to further their education, teachers who would like to enrich their knowledge in their field of interest, or people in the industry with passion for education, psychology, language, or social justice.

2. Do M.Ed. programs require thesis? 

No, Master of Education is a course based degree. If you are looking for a research intensive degree, I would encourage you to take a look at our M.A. or PhD programs.

3. Can M.Ed. students engage in research projects?

Yes! Although M.Ed. programs do not require students to conduct their own research, there are plenty of opportunities for M.Ed. students at OISE. Some departments allow M.Ed. students to pursue research projects if they can find a faculty member who is willing to supervise. In addition, there are tons of research opportunities at UofT. Students can work or volunteer as a research assistant and engage in various projects that suits their interests.

4. After I graduate with a Master of Education, would I be able to teach in Ontario?

No, Master of Education programs at OISE are not for teacher training. If you are interested in Teacher Education, please visit here.

Are you curious about OISE student experience? Contact me:



Leave a Reply