On Friday, September 21st, 1-3pm, the OISE Library will be hosting a Draw the Line workshop to help teacher candidates teach consent, healthy relationships, and sexual violence prevention.
The workshop is intended for teacher candidates teaching at all grade levels, and compliments the Ontario curriculum. Participants will learn how to help younger students:
– Stand up for themselves and assert their boundaries
– Show respect for others, including respecting others’ boundaries
– Trust their instinct and get help when things don’t feel right.
And to help older students develop the skills they need to:
– Understand and apply the concept of consent
– Develop respectful, equitable, and healthy relationships
– Be active bystanders and intervene safely and effectively to prevent sexual violence.
Register today! All MT and MA CSE students are encouraged to attend this free workshop.
Also check out the Drawing the Line teachers’ guides for grades 1-8 and grades 9-12. These guidebooks provide lesson plans that draw on expectations in the Ontario curriculum and additional resources to support you and your students.
Thank you to White Ribbon and the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario for providing this workshop.