Please visit the Nexus Lounge on the 12th floor to meet the following Guests & Exhibitors:
- TakingITGlobal is one of the world’s leading networks of young people learning about, engaging with, and working towards tackling global challenges.
- Their mission is to empower youth to understand and act on local and global challenges.
- They design and deliver youth engagement programs leveraging the power of creativity, technology, and community. Since their founding in 1999, TakingITGlobal have been dedicated to the motto of “inform, inspire, and involve” which has become the pathway to action for their programs.
eLearning Consortium Canada
Dan Strutt has been involved in online education in Ontario for ten years, from developing and teaching courses, through curriculum development and instructional design to academic leadership. He has worked with Virtual High School and Blyth Academy Online, and is now the Director of eLearning Consortium Canada. He also teaches the AQ course Teaching and Learning through eLearning:
- Assessment online (authentic assessment, observation and conversation, academic integrity)
- Teaching online (opportunities and pathways)
Cube For Teachers
- Educators across the globe are uniting on Cube For Teachers, sharing and tagging links to teaching resources. With already over 57,000 resources and growing, educators are collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other, fostering accessibility and equity within this global community.
- From grade and subject-specific lessons, interactives, videos, games, teaching strategies and tech tips, special education, indigenous and ESL resources, bringing them together under one roof has changed the way educators search and share with just-in-time results.
- Cube saves teachers time and energy, no longer having to search multiple sources to find relevant resources. To the modern educator, getting your hands on resources with just-in-time results is paramount.
Future Design School
- Future Design School supports deep competency development and skill mastery through exceptional learning experiences.
- Supports leaders looking to develop unique, personalized pathways for their schools, educators and students. Schools across North America leverage Future Design School for transformational strategy, professional development as well as robust tools, frameworks and resources.
- They will be demonstrating their curriculum and design thinking app and answer questions about integrating technology and innovation into Ontario’s curriculum.
Biggar-Hedges Special Award in Teaching and Technology 2020
In 2014-2015, Beverley Biggar and Brian Hedges made a wonderful donation to the MT program to support the growth of excellence in meaningful technology-infused teaching in K through 12 education. They have very generously continued their annual support for this exciting project.
There are 10 awards available. Each awardee will receive $2,500 and a certificate acknowledging their accomplishment and contribution to growth of excellence in meaningful technology-infused teaching in K through 12 education.