Welcome! To help educators, researchers and others to understand and use ideas and resources that I have developed since I began teaching in 1977, I (sometimes with graduate students and/or teachers) can conduct seminars and/or workshops on a variety of related topics – with special emphasis on the STEPWISE framework that I developed in 2006. In all cases, I/we will share with participants numerous teaching & learning resources.
Possible Seminar/Workshop Topics
The table below provides linked descriptions of some topics that are generally or more specifically related to stages of the STEPWISE schema. We can conduct seminars and/or workshops directly related to these topics, some combinations of them or related ones suggested by you.
- STEPWiSE Overview for Teachers.
- Science Education for Civic Action Booklet.
- Capitalism, S&T & S&T Education.
- Hyper-capitalist STEM (Ab)Uses.
- Four Broad Learning Goals (Hodson, 2003).
- Constructivist S&T Education.
- STEPWISE Pedagogy & Constructivism.
- Variations in Learning Control.
- Intellectual Dependence-Independence.
- Nature of Science Views (Loving, 1991).
- STEPWISE Nature of Science Variations.
- Post-CoViD-19 S&T Education.
- Action Research Foci in S&T Education.
- STEPWISE Action Research Findings.
- Students’ Action Research About RiNA Projects.
TOPICS RELATED TO STEPWISE FRAMEWORK PHASES
- Inquiry-based vs. Application-based Learning.
- Actor-Network Theory_Microbeads.
- Sample ANT Teaching & Learning Lessons & Activities.
- Nature of S&T and S&T Education.
- Nature of Science Card Exchange Activity.
- NoST Education: Science vs. Technology.
- STSE Relationships & Education.
- Sociology of Science & Science Education.
- Teaching for Students’ ‘WISE’ Technology Designs.
- Sociotechnical Imaginaries Summary.
- Sample RiNA Project: Plastic Water Bottles.
- Multi-Actant Documentaries.
- STSE Case Method: Cell Phones.
Graduate Education Class, University of Ottawa
International Science Education Symposium, Jaén, Spain
Since 2006, when the STEPWISE framework was developed, graduate students, teachers and I have conducted numerous workshops for teachers – mostly at the secondary school level. We do not have video recordings of any of these, but the video at right may give you an idea about composition of the team that could conduct further such workshops. If you would like to arrange for a STEPWISE-based workshop dealing with topics like those above or those you suggest, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.