Curriculum – Geometry and Spatial Sense
For students to identify and describe the location of an object, on a plane using letter-number coordinates.
This game can be played as a teacher-led game or barrier game.
- Multiple square tiles in many different colours per player
- Download: 1 Game board per player
- Player 1/teacher’s game board can be created on an interactive white board
- Player 1’s game board will remain hidden from the view of Player 2/students
- Player 1/teacher calls out the coordinates on which a square tiles should be placed (e.g., Place a red tile on B3; Place a blue tile on C1.)
- Player 2 follows the instruction to place the correct tile in the correct coordinate.
- Repeat this process until a colourful design has been made on the grid.
- Reveal the teacher’s game board at the end.
- Allow students a chance to revise their shapes to match the teacher’s.
- Change the roles and play the game again.