How to play
- Place counters in the centre of your playing area.
- Players take turns dropping their four sticks onto the playing area.
- Once you drop your sticks, mark down a tally mark of your results, and grab that many counters from the centre.
- Each player gets 15 turns each.
- The player with the highest score wins.
- Should there be a tie, players will have a “drop off” to declare the winner.
- 4 popsicle sticks per student
- Scoring sheet (Appendix A)
Language in the Activity
- On only one side of the stick, number them 1 to 4 in Ojibwe.
- You may add other decorations to the numbered side of the stick, but leave one side completely blank.
1 – Bezhig
2 – Niizhin
3 – Nisso
4 – Niiwin