Curriculum – Geometry and Spatial Sense
- Describe location using positional language
- Relating shapes to other shapes, to designs, and to figures
- Composing and decomposing shapes
- Identifying congruent shapes
- Recognizing transformations
Students recognize, identify and discuss questions about the missing piece in a puzzle.
- Puzzle problems – Download templates here
- Present students with a puzzle problem.
- Have students discuss the puzzle and identify the missing puzzle pieces.
- Facilitate discussion around the missing puzzle piece.
- Elicit reasoning around “why” some pieces are not possible solutions.
- Repeat the same procedure with new puzzle problems. Ensure to stimulate discussion and ask students to provide reasoning.